Homemade remedies for piles/ hemorrhoids
Are you suffering from piles or hemorrhoids? Here in this article you can find several wonderful home remedies for piles or hemorrhoids that work pretty well to prevent and calm this ailment.
Piles or Hemorrhoids can actually suck out of the quality of life out of a person. It is important to have a healthy gut and bowels that works perfectly. Having healthy bowels improves our immune system, mind, and overall body.
Without much fuss, let us discuss about the simple homemade remedies to cure piles or hemorrhoids.
These remedies are generally used as natural medicines across South India. I have collected a few remedies that people use and have found relief.
Home remedies for piles /Ayurvedic remedies for piles
Remedy for hemorrhoids -1
- garlic pods 5 to 6
- gingely oil( 1 tea spoon)
- cumin powder(1/4 tea spoon)
- Ghee (1/4 tea spoon)
- Rock sugar(1/4 tea spoon)
How to make:
- Cut the garlic pods into small pieces and fry it in Gingely oil until the raw smell goes off.
- Do not over fry it. The garlic must become soft and mushy.
- Now add cumin powder, ghee, and rock sugar. (Quarter teaspoon each)
- Mix all the ingredients and have it once a day for seven days.
Better to have it after 3 hours of having food. Using this remedy for seven days will help to get relief from piles symptoms such as pain, bleeding, and uneasiness associated with piles.
Remedy for hemorrhoids -2
This remedy is actually practiced in North India and also recommended by Baba Ramdev.
- Lemon and 1 glass milk
How to consume:
- Heat milk and allow it to cool off completely.
- Now squeeze one full lemon into the milk and drink it immediately, do not wait for the milk to split.
Make sure to add the lemon juice only when the milk is cool; also do not use refrigerated milk. Cool it under normal room temperature. Use only pure cow milk.
When to drink:
Early morning in an empty stomach for 7 days
Remedy for hemorrhoids -3
- small onion shallots, coconut oil 1tea spoon
- ¼ teaspoon each of rock sugar, cumin powder, mustard powder, black pepper powder and ghee
How to prepare:
- Take small onion shallots and cut into small pieces.
- Add coconut oil and sauté the onion until it becomes mushy
- Now add rock sugar powder, ghee, cumin powder, mustard powder and black pepper powder
- Consume this for 7 days after 3 hours of having food. Do not eat as soon as having this remedy.
Remedy no 4
- Plain Yogurt( 4 table spoon
- Palm sugar or organic Jagerry ( 2 tea spoon)
How to prepare:
- Mix curd and grated palm sugar or jaggery and consume it for seven days.
All these four natural remedies work well and many people have obtained great results after trying these.
What are the Causes of piles or hemorrhoids?
- Sitting and working
- No physical exercise
- Junk foods
Best fruits to eat while suffering from hemorrhoids or piles
The fruits mentioned below have high fiber content, improves problem of hard stools and promotes healthy bowel movements.
These fruits also help to bulk the stools therefore preventing constipation and uneasiness in general. Try to include these fruits in your diet for better results.
Simple ways to prevent piles or hemorrhoids
- Add fiber rich foods such as veggies and more of green leafy vegetables. They improve the colon and add to the fibre content.
- Fruits contain healthy antioxidants that heal damages and promote healthy bowels.
- Increase intake of curd in your diet
- Avoid frequent intakes of chicken and read meat as they heat the body
- Drink loads of water to add water content to your stools and to make it soft
- Cut down caffeine
- Include coconut water
- Eat raw fruits instead of juices, as juicing them removes their nutrients
- Four litres of water a day will help to maintain a balance with regards to your bowels
- Buttermilk is an excellent drink to prevent constipation and hemorrhoids
- Loose weight for a healthy lifestyle
- Do not forcefully induce bowel movements as it may exert pressure, causing piles.